Parent Communication

Parent Communication

If I had to name one thing that I could do a lot better at, it would be communicating with parents. I don’t communicate with parents very often but I have been working on increasing that and I have a new idea of what I will do this summer to increase it even more.

Good Calls (or emails) Home

I put an event in my calendar to remind me to send a good email home to the parents of one student from each of my classes every Friday afternoon. Good notes home is something that I used to do a lot in the Face-To-Face classroom. I was in the art room so often times the students that were doing really well in my class were not doing so great in their other classes. So, I always tried to send good notes home to parents that probably don’t get these types of notes very often. Now I look for students that have done well on recent tests or assignments, or students that have recently started turning in a lot of assignments and getting caught up in the class.

Remind

This summer I am going to give Remind a try. I set up Remind pages for my summer classes and created an infographic that explains what Remind is, why they should join, and how to register for our class. Below is what it will look like!

*You can click on the image to see it bigger

I hope that with these positive emails home and the use of Remind I can have a more productive relationship with the parents of my students! And I think that this will also make communicating with students and mentors easier as well!

2 Comments on Parent Communication

1. ieducator
    May 24, 2018 at 5:38 pm (6 years ago)

Yay! I can’t wait to hear how this goes! You can send the link to your Google Slides Announcements too — students and parents will have them delivered right to their pockets. đŸ™‚

Reply
  2. ieducator
    May 24, 2018 at 5:38 pm (6 years ago)

-Andrea

Reply